The Video and Rich Media feature of SharePoint enables the asset library, a type of document library. The asset library can help you manage rich media assets such as images, audio, and video, especially for SharePoint 2013 and 2016. For SharePoint Online, see What is a document library?
To enable the video and rich media feature, you must have permissions to change Site Collection features.
- On the Site Settings page, under Site Collection Administration, click Site collection features.
- On the Site Collection Features page, under Video and Rich Media, click Activate.
- Browse to the site where you want to create the library.
- In the Quick Launch, click Site Contents or click Settings and then click Site Contents.
- Select + New > App. In the classic experience look under Lists, Libraries, and other Apps and select Add an app.To create an Asset Library, you must have permission to create lists. If you don’t have sufficient permissions, you won’t see the + New menu or the Add an app link.
- Under Apps you can add, click Asset Library.
- In the Adding Asset Library dialog box, type a name for the library, and then click Create.