Keep your team informed and up-to-date with the SharePoint Announcement Ticker app. This webpart allows you to use any SharePoint announcement list to generate a dynamic announcement ticker that displays announcements in the form of scrolling text running from bottom to left across your team’s homepage, ensuring that your team stays informed on important updates and news.
One of the standout features of the SharePoint Announcement Banner app is its ability to filter items in your announcement list to show only relevant and important information. This helps your team focus on what truly matters, rather than being inundated with unnecessary updates.
The SharePoint Announcement Ticker webpart also promotes better communication and collaboration within your organization by providing a central location for all important announcement and updates. This allows your team to stay on top of what’s happening and stay engaged with the company.
For communication sites, read this article on how to enable announcement list app.
- View the SharePoint web part installation instruction.
- Download the product after you purchase from your account.
Create a SharePoint Announcement List
- Go to site contents, click New -> Add.
- Click on the classic experience link
- Find the Announcement app and click on the icon.
NB: For communication sites, read this article on how to enable announcement list app.
- Type the name you want to give to your announcement app and click on Create
Configure Announcement Ticker Properties
Add the Announcement Ticker to your modern page and configure the following Web Part properties in the Property Pane section as needed:
- Select the Site where the Announcement list is located.
- Select the Announcement List you created previously.
- Set the title of the ticker
- Specify the speed in millisecond. This is how long it takes to cycle through list items
- Sort by
- Select the field to sort by
- Sort Direction
- Select the direction to sort the items by
- Add appropriate filters select desired items
There are two key words that you can use to filter based on the current day [Today], or the current user [Me]. These are dynamic as they change with the user or the date.
- Licence Key
Enter your Announcement Ticker Web Part License Key as supplied after purchase.