The Video and Rich Media feature of SharePoint enables the asset library, a type of document library. The asset library can help you manage rich media assets such as images, audio, and video, especially for SharePoint 2013 and 2016. For SharePoint Online, see What is a document library?
To enable the video and rich media feature, you must have permissions to change Site Collection features.
- On the Site Settings page, under Site Collection Administration, click Site collection features.
- On the Site Collection Features page, under Video and Rich Media, click Activate.
- Browse to the site where you want to create the library.
- In the Quick Launch, click Site Contents or click Settings and then click Site Contents.
- Select + New > App. In the classic experience look under Lists, Libraries, and other Apps and select Add an app.To create an Asset Library, you must have permission to create lists. If you don’t have sufficient permissions, you won’t see the + New menu or the Add an app link.
- Under Apps you can add, click Asset Library.
- In the Adding Asset Library dialog box, type a name for the library, and then click Create.
To use client-side web parts you downloaded on modern SharePoint server-side pages, you need to deploy and register the web part with SharePoint.
- After downloading the web part, extract the package from the zip file.
- Most of our packages have other files included. We are interested in the
- Upload your SPFx web part package to the SharePoint App Catalog. You can simply drag-and-drop the
.sppkg file into your App Catalog.
Once uploaded, a dialog will appear. This dialog will allow you to deploy your solution after clicking on Deploy.
You have the choice to make the web part available to all site collections immediately or instead require a site owner to add the web part “app” to their site to make the web part available on pages.
- If your solution was deployed and installed on all sites in your organization, then you can skip this step.
- Go to the SharePoint site collection that needs your solution. Add an app (from the gear located at the Microsoft 365 top bar or from the Site Contents › New › App) and click on your solution.
Once installed, you can see the instance of your solution from the Site Contents.
Add the web part to modern page
- In your browser, go to your site where the solution was installed.
- Select the gears icon in the top nav bar on the right, and then select Add a page.
- Edit the page.
- Select the add icon (this icon appears when you mouse hovers over a section as shown in the image above). This opens the toolbox where you can see a list of web parts available for you to add. Search for the web part and click on it to add to the page.
- Select the pencil icon on the far left of the web part to reveal the web part property pane. The property pane is where you can define properties to customize your web part.
Add the web part to classic page
Prerequisites for SharePoint 2016
Before going any further, we have to check if the “September 2017 Public Update for SharePoint 2016” is installed on our server, otherwise, we can’t use SPFx. The “Configuration database” version must be equal or greater than 16.0.4588.1000.
System Settings -> Manage Servers to verify. Updates can be found here.
- Edit a web part page and click on Add a web part.
- From the
Envoqon web part category, select the spfx client-side web part to add to the page.